ALL ABOUT DIAMONDS | APRIL’S BIRTHSTONE
This month we are celebrating the Diamond, the most precious, valuable gemstone of them all, and for those of you born in April, you are lucky enough to have the sparkliest one as your Birthstone.
You can view Lovedazzle’s collection of Diamond jewellery here…
- Adopted from the Greek word adamas, meaning “invincible”, the Diamond is the hardest natural substance on Earth and is virtually indestructible.
- A diamond is made of one element only, carbon. They were formed billions of years ago when extreme heat and pressure crystallised the carbon deep below the Earth’s surface.
- They are most commonly colourless but come in a wide range of colours such as black, green, pink, brown and yellow.
- Only around 20% of all diamonds mined are actually used for jewellery. Because of the indestructible nature of a diamond, the majority are used in industry for cutting, milling and grinding other materials.
- Diamonds are one of most valuable gemstones. Its value is determined by the cut, carat, colour and clarity.
Healing a spiritual meaning of diamonds
Diamonds are also considered to have significant healing properties. It is thought that they purify and detox the body, to assist with rebalancing the metabolism as well as fighting allergies.
Diamonds are a symbol of purity. The sparkly light generated by diamonds is said to bond relationships and bring love and clarity into a partnership. Their durability makes them a popular choice for couples to symbolise their commitment of everlasting love
Find more glistening beauties in our lovedazzle diamond collection, handmade by some of the UK’s top contemporary jewellery designers.